- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 10 Reasons Why You Should be Eating More Quinoa
8. Low Glycemic Index
A glycemic index is a measure of how quickly certain foods raise blood sugar levels. Eating foods that rate high on the glycemic index stimulates the appetite and contributes to obesity. These types of foods have been linked to many of chronic diseases that are prevalent in America today. Quinoa has a glycemic index of 53, which is quite low.
9. High in Minerals
Our modern day diets deprive us of a lot of vital nutrients, especially iron, zinc, potassium, and magnesium. The good thing here is that quinoa is very high in all 4 minerals, especially magnesium. In fact, one serving of quinoa has 30 percent of your recommended daily intake of magnesium. Be sure to soak quinoa before cooking it in order to make these minerals more available to your body.
10. Supports Metabolic Health
Since quinoa has such terrific beneficial nutrients, it makes sense that quinoa could improve metabolic health. In one study involving rats, adding quinoa to a diet that was high in fructose, it almost completely negated the negative effects of the fructose.
Another study involved humans who consumed quinoa instead of the usual gluten free pastas and breads. The subjects all had lower blood sugar levels, triglyceride levels, as well as insulin levels. Although these studies were small, they indicate that eating quinoa can improve metabolic health.
Quinoa is super easy to incorporate into your diet; it tastes great and goes with just about anything you have in mind for lunch or dinner. Add quinoa to your diet today.
(By the way, if you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to the Naturalon’s free newsletter; get breaking news alerts on GMO’s, fluoride, superfoods, natural cures and more… You privacy is protected. Unsubscribe at any time.)