- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 10 Signs You Might Have Osteoporosis
2. If you take corticosteroids or prednisone
Unfortunately, if you take corticosteroids or cortisone drugs over a long period of time due to autoimmune diseases such as lupus, or Crohn’s disease, or if you have rheumatoid arthritis, these types of drugs interfere with your hormones and leeches vitamin D, calcium, and other vital minerals from your bones.
This warning sign is of particular importance to women as they are much more likely to develop autoimmune disease to start with. Also, they are more prone to developing osteoporosis because estrogen is also important for bone density and these drugs interfere with normal estrogen levels. Those who take thyroid hormones or antidepressants in the class called SSRI’s, also have higher levels of bone loss.
If you must take corticosteroids to treat an autoimmune condition, you doctor should keep a close eye on your bone density.