- 15 Super Foods That Will Keep Your Brain And Memory Razor Sharp
- 10 Sweet Ways Honey Can Improve Your Life
- 10 Things Your Nurse Will Never Tell You
- How To Be Full Of Winter Spirit: 25 Fun Yet Healthy Things To Do
- Smart Ways To Avoid A Nasty Fall This Winter
- Want To Have Warm Feet Forever? Try This Amazing Trick!
- Top 5 Tips For Better Brain Health And Clearer Thinking Video
Top 12 Fruits That Can Help You Manage Diabetes
Diabetes is a serious condition and it only seems to be growing worse by the day. Nearly half of all Americans will be diabetic by 2020, according to the American Diabetes Association, and this disease is not limited to America. It’s vital to learn ways to manage this condition day by day but still eat healthy foods.
Everyone knows that health experts recommend that we eat 5 fruits and vegetables each day but the truth is we need about double that amount. Fruits and vegetables can help to keep our bodies in tip top shape. Fruits with a glycemic index of 55 or less are safe for diabetics.
Take a look at the top 12 fruits that are low glycemic and can help you to stabilize your blood sugar, but still give your body the fiber, minerals, and vitamins it needs to stay healthy.
Who doesn’t love peaches? Just the smell of a ripe, juicy peach is a sure sign that summer has begun. Peaches are low on GI (glycemic index) with a rating of 42.
Packed with fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and the all-important immune boosting vitamin C, you can’t be a fresh peach for a great snack. Eat fresh, organic peaches, not the canned peaches which are often soaking in high fructose corn syrup.