- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 12 Fruits That Can Help You Manage Diabetes
OK, they can be a bit tart, but grapefruits are a terrific source of vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant.
The more antioxidants you eat, the better, as these help improve your immune system so you can fight infections and protect the body from free radicals. Grapefruits also have a flavonoid important for diabetics, narigenin. This flavonoid increases the body’s sensitivity to insulin and can help your maintain a healthy weight.
Choose fresh, organic ruby red grapefruit and enjoy a healthy fruit that has a GI of only 25 per half a grapefruit.