- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 12 Natural Therapies To Detox Your Body’s Natural Drainage System
7. Foods To Avoid
If you don’t fill your body with junk, it is much less likely to get itself clogged with toxins, heavy metals, and chemicals it does not need. Avoid the following to help keep your lymph system running at its optimal best:
- Baked goods (which contain sugars and white flours)
- Refined grains (whole grains are fine)
- Artificial sweeteners
- Refined sugar
- Lots of red meat (especially conventional meats)
- Artificial colors
- High amounts of sodium
- Foods with trans-fats (such as margarine)
- Refined oils such as corn, canola, or soybean oil
8. Hot/Cold Showers
Alternating between hot and cold water when you are in the shower every few minutes has a very beneficial effect on your blood circulation, meaning it will also positively affect your lymph flow. Heat causes the blood vessels to dilate, and cold will cause them to contact. During the last two minutes or so of your shower, run the hot water as hot as you can stand it without burning yourself for 30 seconds, then cold water for 30 seconds. Repeat two or three times for best results. Do not try this therapy if you are pregnant, if you have a heart condition, or if you have either high or low blood pressure.
9. Deep Breathing Exercises
This is another simple, yet effective way to bring more oxygen to your body and stimulate all organs to work more efficiently. Deep breathing exercises, twice each day, will stimulate the lymph flow, eliminating toxic build up. Deep breathing not only helps your lymph system, but it can also improve the health of every single cell in your body.
Continue to Page 4