- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 12 Proven Benefits of Coconut Oil
2. Contains powerful medicinal compounds
Coconut oil has gotten a bad rap because it contains saturated fats, and the truth is coconut oil IS one of the richest sources of saturated fats around. Almost 90 percent of its fatty acids are saturated fats.
However, check it out, new data shows that saturated fats are actually harmless. There have been huge studies that involved hundreds of thousands of people that have proven that this entire “artery clogging” stuff is simply not true.
Coconut oil has something called medium chain triglycerides (MCT) which means these are fatty acid of medium length. Most fatty acids are long chain fatty acids. Medium chain fatty acids are actually metabolized by the body differently. Medium chain fatty acids go directly from your digestive tract to your liver, where they are used for quick energy or turned into ketone bodies, which are good for your brain. Long chain fatty acids are generally stored as fat.