- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 12 Ways to Live a Longer, Happier Life
9. Be a Happy Camper
No, you don’t have to go buy a tent, we mean be a positive, optimistic, look on the bright side type of person. New studies show that people who have a more positive outlook on life live longer and have a lower chance of developing dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. One study showed that persons, who see the glass as half full, live about 7.5 years longer than pessimists. So, look on the sunny side of the street and enjoy living more years there!
10. Balance Your Hormones
When your hormones are imbalanced, they can cause you a world of problems and completely interrupt your normal life processes. An impaired hormonal system wreaks havoc on all of your body’s systems, which increases your chances of developing an age related disease.
11. Take Your Supplements
Deficiencies in some vitamins and mineral can result in dementia and memory loss. No matter how healthy you think you might be eating, it’s still recommended that you take supplements that will ensure your body is getting the vital nutrients it needs. Take a good quality multivitamin that contains vitamin D, B12, folic acid, calcium, and vitamin C in order to cut your risk of developing diseases that come from vitamin deficiencies. See more information about supplements.
12. Stay Young with a Little Help from Your Friends
Social engagements keep people younger, it’s true. Studies show that people who had close friends and went to social functions, such as church related programs or those who get together to share a hobby, lived longer than those who lived with very little social interaction. So keep your friends and keep your life longer and richer at the same time.