- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 5 Things to Avoid for a More Alkaline Body and 5 Things You Should Do
The top 5 alkaline forming foods you should eat more of are:
1. Dark leafy greens such as spinach, broccoli, and mustard greens.
2. Raw, organic apple cider vinegar. Mix one tablespoon with water and drink this every morning.
3. Fruits such as berries, bananas, grapes, pears, peaches, and lemons. In fact, if you can’t deal with the taste of apple cider vinegar, squeeze a fresh, organic lemon in a glass of water each morning and drink that instead. Lemons are acidic in and of themselves, but they change to alkaline after we consume them.
4. Root vegetables like carrots, rutabagas, beets, and turnips.
5. Garlic. Be sure to eat about 2 slightly crushed cloves each day. Just chew them a bit and swallow them whole. Chew on some parsley afterwards to avoid bad breath.
A good example of some alkaline food exchanges would be:
Eat a large salad at least once per day using plenty of green leafy vegetables, especially mustard greens, collard greens and kale. Add some asparagus, peppers and broccoli. Grind black pepper on anything and everything. Snack on pumpkin seeds and almonds or add them to your salad. Use apple cider vinegar instead of balsamic vinegar. Squeeze lemon or lime juice in your water, on your fish, or over your salad. Exchange your coffee for ginger tea with honey, or other types of herbal tea. If you happen to love radishes, add them to everything or keep them on hand for a snack. Make lemonade and vegetable juices be your summertime drinks. Eat celery with nut butter, use avocados on toast instead of margarine.
An alkaline diet does not have to be boring by any means! There is a huge variety of tasty, healthy foods to eat and enjoy.