- The Brain – How Can We Ensure Successful Aging?
- DIY Easy Warming Oil For Stiff Or Sore Joints And Muscles (Better Than Tiger Balm)
- Top 10 Reasons to Drink Lemon and Warm Water
- 4 Harmful Skin Care Ingredients Infographic
- How Constant Distraction Is Harming Your Ability To Retain Information
- This One Spice Stops Heart Attacks, Restores Gut Bacteria, And Kills Cancer Cells!
- 4 Healthy Body And Soul Warming Recipes For Cold Winter Days (We Love #1!)
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about CQ10
You have probably seen CQ10 supplements in the vitamin aisle of your health food store and wondered exactly what it was. Well, keep reading to find out what CQ10 is, what it does, and why you need it.
Because it plays an important part in the human body, CQ10 is a popular supplement. This enzyme is absolutely necessary for the proper functioning of the body’s cells. OK, let’s get to everyone’s questions.
What exactly is CQ10?
Its complete name is coenzyme Q10, and this is an enzyme that is naturally found in the cells of our body. It’s found in the mitochondria, the rod shaped assembly inside every single cell that works something like a power generator for cells.
What does CQ10 do?
CQ10’s big job is in its role in the creation of a molecule that is called adenosine triphosphate, or ATP for short. ATP directs energy where it is needed within the body. Therefore, ATP is essential for our metabolism. ATP is vital for most of the processes in the body, such as the contraction of muscles, including the heart. It’s also thought to function something like an antioxidant like selenium, and Vitamins E and C. Some scientists believe that there might be diseases that respond to supplementation of CQ10.
Take a look at some of the health benefits that doctors think taking CQ10 could help us with:
- Slow down the progression of dementia
- Treat or prevent migraines
- Increase sperm count
- Treat high blood pressure
- Stop heart disease
- Reduce cholesterol levels in the blood
- Providing energy for those suffering from fatigue
- Improve the immune system
- Treat gum disease
- Stabilize blood sugar levels
- Help in the treatment of cancer
Continue to Page 2