- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 6 Things You Can Do to Prevent Alzheimer’s Now
4. Move things around
The part of your brain that is responsible for reasoning and memory is called the hippocampus and it’s the first target of Alzheimer’s. Now it is normal for the hippocampus to decrease in size as we age but one study, conducted at the University Of Maryland School Of Public Health, discovered that even moderate exercise could prevent the hippocampus from shrinking. So get moving! Any exercise is better than none!
5. Learn a new skill
Eating right, losing weight, and getting exercise are great ways to help fight Alzheimer’s but learning new tricks is another way to do this. Studies show that learning another language can delay the condition. Learning new hobbies, such as sewing, dancing, or cooking exotic or foreign foods are also good ways to avoid or delay Alzheimer’s, according to a study published in the journal Neurology.
Yep, getting enough shut eye is another important factor. Your body repairs itself while you sleep so cutting your nights short to play Bingo isn’t doing your brain any favors. Keep a regular sleeping pattern and aim to get 8 hours sleep every night. Your brain will thank you later.