- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 8 Dangerously Toxic Cleaning Chemicals to Avoid
Although you won’t actually see this word on the label, however, anytime you see the word “fragrance” or “parfum”, then that product contains this toxic chemical. You will find this in air fresheners, dish soap, laundry detergents, toilet paper, and fabric softeners, just to name a few. Due to copyright laws, manufacturers don’t have to tell you exactly what is in their scents.
This chemical is a known hormone disruptor, which means that it leads to reproductive problems such as low sperm count in men. Studies show that men with high levels of phthalates in their blood had lower sperm counts, according to the CDC. Although this chemical is mainly inhaled, you can also absorb it through the skin by using scented soaps.
Whenever possible, choose all natural, organic products or choose fragrance free options. Avoid those plug in or aerosol air fresheners and use natural essential oils instead. You can also add some plants to your home which naturally clean the air of toxins.