- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
What To Do And Not Do To Get Rid Of Acne For The Holidays
5. Take your vitamins
There are a trio of vitamins that are not only antioxidants but they have been proven to improve your skin, from healing acne to making you look younger by reducing the effects of wrinkles. Vitamin A is what is used in retinol creams and vitamins C and E help heal troubled skin. You can get a cream with retinol in it that is up to 2 percent but prescriptions from a dermatologist run up to 5 percent. As for supplements, you can take up to 2500 IU of vitamin A, 400 IU of vitamin E, and 2000 mg of vitamin C daily.
6. Eat clean
You will find out quickly that what you eat is what will show up on your face. If you eat clean – lean meats, plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, no junk foods – you won’t have troubled skin. But if you use a lot of salt, sugar, and eat processed foods, your skin is probably a mess. Try to start working your way to a more natural way of eating and you won’t have to worry about dealing with acne on a regular basis.
7. Try turmeric
This herb is used in many Indian dishes and has recently been recognized for its effectiveness as an anti-inflammatory. You can take as a supplement internally or you can make a mask with the turmeric and apply it to your face to deal with your skin problems topically. Just add a teaspoon of turmeric to some water to create a paste and apply it to your skin. Be careful not to get it in your eyes – this is a herb that is used to spice things up.
Continue to Page 4