- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Why You Need To Do More Of This!
Studies on Breath Control and Mediation
Researchers at the Chopra Center for Wellbeing in Carlsbad, CA, wanted to scientifically verify the health benefits of meditation and controlled breathing. The researchers compared women aged 30 to 60 years old who participated in a program at the Chopra Center. One group meditated and one group did not. Their stay at the Chopra Center lasted five days, and researchers compared their health at the beginning and end of that period. Followup examinations were done one month later, and again 10 months later. Researchers checked certain health markers like blood pressure and stress level.
What was interesting was that while all the participants showed some improvement at the 10-month mark, the women who practiced meditation and mindful breathing improved to a significantly great degree, and reported having overall lower levels of stress and more satisfaction.
Other studies on the effectiveness of meditation and controlled breathing have yielded similar results.
If you haven’t tried meditation, yoga or controlled breathing at least once, you owe it to yourself to at least try. It has helped people take in more oxygen, greatly reduce their stress and improve their overall health for thousands of years, and it will work for you, too.