- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
You’ve Been Drinking Coffee Wrong This Entire Time!
If you are like most people, you grab a big cup of coffee and add sugar and/or cream to it. You gulp down that coffee and a few hours later, you are craving a donut and more coffee. If you don’t get it, you are going to get that coffee crash.
Of course, we all have had days when we drink entirely too much coffee and then crash flat as a pancake later on in the afternoon. This actually has more to do with the sugar we put in coffee than the coffee itself.
Drinking coffee is actually good for you, so we aren’t here to talk you out of drinking coffee. Did you know that coffee drinking goes back as far as the 15th century? History says that men who were traveling through Ethiopia saw birds that appeared to have tons of energy, and they noted that these birds were eating a type of berry, so they decided to try them. Imagine the jolt they got, never having experienced caffeine before!
There are plenty of reasons to drink coffee!
- Coffee makes you smarter: Seriously! Johns Hopkins University conducted a study which found that subjects who drank coffee had improved short term memory (at least for 24 hours!) This probably explains why we can’t remember crap when we miss out on our morning coffee!
- It can help you lose weight: The caffeine in coffee stimulates your metabolism, which increases the amount of calories that your body burns. It also acts as a natural appetite suppressant.
- It’s the perfect pre-workout drink: Numerous studies have shown that drinking a cup of coffee before your workout can increase your performance levels. In one study out of England, triathletes raced five percent faster after having a little cup of Joe before the race.
- A super source of antioxidant power: The University of Scranton found that coffee was the major source of antioxidants in many Westerners diet. These antioxidants can help protect us from diabetes, colon cancer, liver cancer, and Parkinson’s disease, just to name a few!
- Fights depression: The Harvard Gazette found that caffeine acts as a mild antidepressant by stimulating the production of neurotransmitters in the brain, including noradrenaline, dopamine, and serotonin.
There are plenty of reasons to drink coffee, but you’ve been drinking it wrong. We are about to tell you how to consume this fabulous drink and not crash and burn later.
Continue to Page 2
1. Use Quality Beans
We don’t mean that you have to buy beans from the Big Bucks store, but most coffee brands are bought through a long chain of wholesalers. They mix and grind them together, and you get what you get. Good and bad, old and new. You can imagine if you were buying from 50 or more coffee sellers how difficult it would be to inspect every shipment. This is why you sometimes find coffee that has molded or that has a stale taste. Be willing to pay a bit more than what you would for store brand coffee. Look for a quality company that offers organic coffee beans, and you will notice a huge difference in how much energy you have, even though you drink less coffee overall.
2. Skip the Milk and Sugar
No, we aren’t suggesting that you drink it black (unless you like it that way). But rather than using milk and/or sugar, try unsalted organic butter. We mean butter that comes from grass fed cows. This will supercharge your coffee like you never dreamed possible. Margarine or regular butter will not give you the same effect. This will not only provide healthy fats for your body and your brain, but it has conjugated linoleic acid, which has been proven to help you burn fat and lose weight naturally. Grass fed butter will make your coffee taste great, too. Once you try it, you will never go back to milk and sugar.
Continue to Page 2
3. Add Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has so many benefits, such as stress relief, improved digestion and fat loss, just to name a few. Coconut oil is almost tasteless and odorless, but your body will notice the difference! Adding a tablespoon of coconut oil to your coffee will help to prevent Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia, as well as providing you with a long lasting source of energy.
Probably the only problem with making your coffee this way is that you should use a blender to mix up your coffee as spoon stirring probably won’t do the trick. It only takes a few second to pop it in the blender before you drink it. You can always reheat it if you need to!
Don’t delay! Try changing the way you make your coffee and watch how it changes your life!