- The Many Uses Of Lemon Essential Oil Infographic
- Are Cookbooks Dangerous To Use?
- Bad Eating Habits And How to Break Them Once And For All Infographic
- Are You Allergic To All Nuts?
- The Unlimited Health Benefits Of Goji Berries Infographic
- Is Your Sunscreen Causing More Cancer Than The Sun?
- Take Your Dishes To A New Level With These Spice Combos Infographic
Treat Your Anxiety And Depression With Natural Herbs And Spices
You may be used to cooking with thyme, but once you know to use this herb to deal with depression, you may be reaching for extra bunches at the grocery store. Thyme has lithium, a powerful mineral that is used to treat depression. It also consists of tryptophan, which leads to serotonin in helping insomniacs get some well-deserved rest.
Just by itself, lavender has a soothing and relaxing aroma that calms you down just by inhaling it. It has been tested on a 6 to 10-week trial period and was shown to almost be as effective in treating depression as prescription anti-depressants.
6. St. John’s Wort
This plant is from Europe but it has been found to be effective in treating those with mild forms of depression. St. John’s Wort works by raising the level of serotonin in depressed people. It was actually proven to be just as effective as medications that were prescribed to treat depression.
Continue to Page 3