- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Early Warning Signs Of HIV That You Must Know
5. Intense Headaches
This was the symptom that sent Charlie Sheen to the doctor. Headaches are one of the most persistent forms of pain experienced by those infected with HIV. These headaches can be quite severe in nature. Primary headaches are recurrent and not generally associated with an illness. These often indicate that HIV is in the early stages. Secondary headaches, such as from sinus infections or meningitis, often occur during the later stages of HIV. A 2000 study published in the journal Pain found that out of 131 subjects who had HIV, 45.8 percent had tension headaches, 16 percent reported migraines and the rest reported some other type of headache.
6. Sore Throat
Although these sound like a cold or the flu, they could be symptoms of the initial stages of HIV. This usually goes along with a fever and night sweats. Many patients state that a sore throat was the first symptom they felt before the fever began. One 2002 study published in Clinical Infectious Diseases found that a sore throat was one of the severe symptoms experienced by the subjects in this particular study.
Continue to Page 4