- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Magic Foods That Will Clean Out Your Arteries
With their distinct sharp flavor, cranberries produce arguably the most refreshing juice, but many people are unaware of just how healthy they are. Cranberries have more antioxidants than almost any other fruit or vegetable, and are a good source of fiber as well. With specific regard to their heart-healthy qualities, cranberries have been shown to lower harmful LDL cholesterol levels, and improve levels of beneficial HDL cholesterol. These two qualities go a long way toward contributing to cleaner arteries. One study even claims that regular cranberry consumption could lower the risk of heart disease by 40%!
We’ve all heard that old expression: “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Well, in the case of cardiologists at least, that could very well be true. A study done on over 30,000 post-menopausal women showed that eating apples played a role in lowering their bad LDL cholesterol. Be sure to eat whole fruits, including the skin where most of the antioxidants are! You will NOT get the same benefits from drinking apple juice.
Continue to Page 3