- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Mindboggling Things You Get from Going Green
2. Dynamic Digestion
This might not be as exciting as beautiful skin, but this is a difference you will certainly feel. Animal based protein is difficult for your body to break down and to process. It takes much more effort on the part of your stomach, liver, and intestines to break down these types of proteins. This means it puts a real strain on your digestive system. When you consider that the digestive system controls your energy, weight, moods, and immune system, it’s easy to see why this matters so much! When your body needs extra energy to break down meat, it will send a large amount of blood to the stomach or intestine, to help the body accomplish its task. Since you are spending more energy digesting food, there is less energy for the rest of your body. This is why you feel so sluggish and sleepy after a large meal that contains lots of animal protein. Fruits, vegetables, and other types of plant proteins, such as beans, are much easier to digest.
Although it might take your body a bit of time to adjust, (after all, how many years have you been eating these other foods?) you will feel so much better once you get there. Start with small changes to allow your body time to get used to these new and larger amounts of plant proteins. Before you know it, you will have a rockin’ digestive system that will leave you with energy all day long and then some! Imagine how thrilled your family will be when you come home from work and tell them “Let’s go bike riding!” rather than “Not now, I’m really tired.”