- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Quick And Natural Ways How To Get Rid Of Bloating
Every once in a while you may find yourself with a bloated feeling and/or a distended belly. There are a number of reasons why you may be feeling this way so it’s important to go through the causes. Once you identify them, you can go through the list of ways you can relieve bloating naturally.
Causes for Feeling Bloated
- A buildup of gas
- Certain foods
- Chewing gum
- Smoking cigarettes
- Swallowing air as you drink or eat
- Eating or drinking too much
- Foods that contain sugar alcohols, mostly found in sugar-free items
- Being constipated
- Serious health issues such as diabetes, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease
- Food allergies to wheat or dairy
If you suffer from any of these causes on a regular basis, or even from time-to-time, try out this list of natural treatments and find the ways that work for you.
1. Stop Triggering your Bloating
The following foods could aggravate your digestive system and result in bloating, you’d better stay away from eating too much of these products:
2. Add Peppermint to your Diet
Sipping on peppermint tea will help to relieve your uncomfortable symptoms right away. A clinical trial showed that those who were given peppermint oil to eliminate their bloodedness had an almost 54% improvement over the other group who only took fiber and had a 28% improvement.
Continue to Page 2
3. Start a Low-Intensity Exercise Program
If you already don’t feel well, the last thing you are going to want to do is exercise. However, if you have a stationary bike or can take moderately intensive walks your condition may improve as you increase your circulation.
4. Reduce the Size of Your Meals
Sometimes you may end up feeling bloated just because you ate too much food at one sitting. One thing you can try to do is to eat less in your main meal and just add another smaller meal if you feel this is leaving you too hungry. You should also chew your food more carefully and take your time eating your meals. When you sit back and relax, eat less, chew more, and eat more slowly you will really reduce many bouts of bloating.
SEE ALSO: Real Causes Of Acid Reflux Video
5. See if you Have any Food Allergies
Some people are aware that they struggle with bloating because they are lactose intolerant, allergic to gluten and wheat, have a reaction to eating eggs, or cannot tolerate foods that contain fructose. If you think you may have an allergy or an intolerance consult your doctor for confirmation.
6. Try Probiotics to Get Rid of Bloating
Probiotics can be found naturally in some foods, but you can also purchase them as a supplement to help improve the health of your digestive system. Try the different types that are on the market until you find one that helps with your particular issues. One popular type that has been found to work with problems with your GI system is Bifidobacterium infantis.
7. Stop Swallowing Air especially while Eating
You may find that you experience bloatedness if you drink carbonated beverages while eating a meal. The carbon dioxide bubbles will separate from the liquids once they reach your stomach. Don’t chew loudly, talk up a storm while eating, or sip your beverages from a straw while eating. That will just increase the amount of air you will be swallowing.
Continue to Page 2
8. Stay away from Sugar Alcohols
Many foods that are sugar-free have sugar alcohols in them to keep them low calorie and void of real sugar. Some sugar substitutes do not have alcohols in them but make sure that you read all labels before consuming a product. Sugar alcohols irritate the lining of the stomach, cause bloating and extreme gas issues, and can even generate diarrhea. You would be better to eat products that have real sugar listed in their ingredients rather than fake sugar alcohols. Just eat less of them if you are watching your caloric intake, or if you are trying to keep your blood sugar levels under control.
9. Cut out Gassy Foods from your Diet
Many people are aware that foods that are exceptionally gassy can cause their belly to become bloated. This doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy the foods you really like anymore. Look for supplements that help to bring your level of gas from foods down so you can still eat what you like.
10. Get Checked for Major Conditions
If you have exhausted all tips as to what is causing your bloat, you should see your doctor about getting a physical. You should get checked to make sure you don’t have any allergies or digestive issues such as Chrohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, or any other conditions that could be the reason for you to feel constantly bloated.