- Useful Tips For Treating Eczema Naturally Video
- How To Get Thicker Hair Naturally In 2 Months Video
- The Best Essential Oils For Women’s Health Infographic
- Getting Rid Of Scars At Home: Natural Remedies Video
- Natural Single Ingredient Skin Care Products You Need To Have In Your Bathroom Video
- 6 Amazing Ways To Reuse Tea Bags Instead Of Throwing Them Away Video
- Dairy Free Summer Desserts – 5 Easy Sorbet Recipes Video
10 Of The Most Common Myths About Aging
The fastest growing segment of the population is 65 and older. As baby boomers grow older and birth rates slow, this trend will continue and older adults will comprise a larger and larger segment of our population. Even though this population is larger than ever, myths and misconceptions about them abound. As this population grows, it is even more important to dispel and debunk 10 biggest myths about aging.
1. Aging is depressing
Not only is aging not depressing, older adults are actually the happiest of all age groups! About 40 percent of the people of age 65 and older say they were very happy compared to only 33 percent of individuals between 35 to 49. In fact, for many years research has shown there is a “U-curve of happiness” in which happiness is actually lowest among individuals in their late 40s or early 50s. After that, happiness continues to increase with each year of age.
2. Aging leads to lack of interest in sex and intimacy
Perhaps one of the most common myths is the idea that older individuals no longer have a desire for sex and intimacy. However, individuals are living longer and healthier lives than ever before. For healthy individuals, sexual activity and physical intimacy can persist well into their 80s or 90s. When compared to younger counterparts, older individuals are more likely to be in a committed long-term relationship with a partner who they feel confident and comfortable with. Countless studies have shown intimacy and sex are common and healthy among older adults!
Continue to Page 2