- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Really Bad Work Habits That Could Be Keeping You From Success
3. Sitting hovered over your desk all day
Just because you are dedicated to your job, it is not healthy to stay in the same spot in the same position every day. It has been proven that office workers should stand up and work from that position for 15 minutes every hour. You run the risk of getting a serious blood clot by sitting for too long (this is even dangerous on long flights on airplanes).
Try this instead: Strap on a headset and make your phone calls while walking around your office. If you don’t have a private office, walk over to the break room, take the stairs instead of the elevator, or go visit a co-worker to discuss an important project.
4. Eating lunch at your desk or not eating lunch at all
If you are at a point in your career where you feel that you must eat at your desk or skip lunch altogether, you won’t have to worry about getting a promotion any time soon. You will be much more productive if you step away from your desk for even 30 minutes. You may find that your mind is much calmer and clearer because of the change of scenery. You are entitled to time to replenish your body, so take it.
Try this instead: Pack yourself a healthy lunch and make it a point to eat in the employee break room every day. Once a week (Friday is a good day) make plans to go to lunch with a fellow employee.
Continue to Page 3