- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Reasons to Laugh More Often
6. Laughter Lowers Stress Hormones
People who love to laugh have much lower levels of stress hormones like cortisol. As these hormone levels get lower, the body becomes much more relaxed and feels not only physical rest, but an emotional rest as well. See more how to naturally balance your hormones.
7. Laughter Lowers Blood Pressure
By improving blood circulation and dramatically increasing the oxygen level in the blood, laughter is considered by many to be an important function when talking about fighting heart disease. Laugh it up, folks, it does a body good!
8. Laughter Can Keep You Younger Longer
Researchers at Loma Linda University discovered that even just the anticipation of having a good belly laugh produced an increase of an important anti-aging hormone, known as HGH, as much as 87 percent! Imagine how much of an increase you could achieve by actually laughing your head off during a funny movie?
9. Laughter Improves Your Immune System
A study done by the National Cancer Institute showed that laughter not only kept stress hormones in check but that it also aided the immune systems instruments such as T cells, B cells, and lymphocytes work at their best levels.
10. Laughter Can Lower Blood Sugar Levels
As if you needed another reason to laugh, well, here’s another one. Diabetics should really be certain to get in all the laughter they can. 19 diabetic patients who were involved in a study done in 2012 showed that laughter suppressed their blood sugar levels.