- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Things They Never Tell You About Lemon Water
4. Helps Control High Blood Pressure
Lemons contain potassium, which is important when it comes to fighting high blood pressure. Potassium binds with salt and removes it from the body, and lower salt means lower blood pressure. Of course you should never stop taking prescription medication without speaking to your doctor first, but drinking lemon water might allow you to reduce your medication. Talk with your doctor about adding lemon water to your morning routine.
5. Great Source Of Antioxidants
Lemon juice is a terrific source of antioxidants, which are important when it comes to fighting the damage that free radicals cause to our bodies. Free radicals cause premature aging of the skin, chronic inflammation, and are the base cause of many diseases.
6. Naturally Beautiful Skin
Lemon is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial that can treat skin problems by killing the bacteria that causes acne. Lemons are full of vitamin C, which is necessary for healthy skin and alleviates age spots and wrinkles. The high levels of antioxidants in lemons will also fight free radicals, which cause the premature skin aging. Vitamin C creates collagen synthesis, which is the perfect way to stop wrinkles in their tracks. The main job of collagen and other connective tissue is to hold things together tightly and prevent sagging. So if you want beautiful skin and want to greatly slow down the aging process of your skin, then drink lemon water.
7. Reduces Inflammation
As we might have mentioned, lemon juice reduces inflammation in the body. It also makes your body more alkaline; reducing the acidity of the body. Lemon juice will remove uric acid from the body, which is one of the main causes of inflammation, as well as the main cause of painful episodes of gout. Lemon juice is a mild diuretic, which will help you remove more uric acid from the body through a greater output of urine.
Continue to Page 3