- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Things You Should Do Every Morning Before 10
7. Drink a Glass of Water with Lemon
Rehydrate your body first thing in the morning by consuming a glass of water with lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar). This will get your digestive system moving and detox the body.
8. Take Time for a Healthy Breakfast
No matter how busy you are, take time out to eat a healthy breakfast. Even if you only have 5 minutes, you can whip up a smoothie or scramble a few eggs. You can even start boiling water for oatmeal and then come back to it once it has cooled enough to eat.
9. Set the Alarm Earlier
If you find that you simply don’t have enough time to do everything you wish or if you are continually running 5 or 10 minutes late, then set the alarm 15 minutes earlier. Of course, no one wants to get up any earlier than they have to, but is there anything more annoying and stressful than constantly running around like a chicken with its head cut off in order to get “caught up?” You will become used to getting up at your new time very quickly and once you realize how much more productive and smoothly things go all day, you will be glad you did!
10. Get Moving
Just a bit of exercise can do wonders for both your physical and mental well-being. You don’t have to devote an hour at the gym. All you need is 5 minutes of stretching, walking on the treadmill, jumping rope, or simply parking two blocks away and walking to work. You can also try getting off of the bus or subway one stop before you normally do and walk the extra distance. (Assuming it’s not too far, of course!) Just a few minutes in the morning will make a big difference in how you feel all day long.
Old habits die hard and new habits take a minimum of 30 days to form, so be patient when starting a new morning routine. You might find it easier to incorporate just one or two items per month so that you don’t feel overwhelmed.
If you don’t believe these little changes will make a difference in your life, try just one of these for 30 days. You will never know unless you try.