- Nourishing And Moisturizing Tropical Mango Body Butter Souffle Recipe Video
- 5 Easy Vegan Ice Cream Recipes For Summertime Video
- The Beginner’s Guide To Zero Waste Living Video
- Your First Aid Kit – Herbal Essentials Infographic
- Looking Beautiful Without Makeup? Here Is How Video
- Roasted Beet Hummus – Is It Better Than The Original? Video
- Evening Habits That Are Ruining Your Sleep Video
10 Things You Should Never Do If You Want to Beat Inflammation
In case you haven’t heard, inflammation is something you don’t want to make your friend. If you already have chronic inflammation and you are taking prescription medications to stop it, your doctor takes periodic blood tests to check your liver function because prescription NSAIDs can be toxic to your body. Other common side effects include drug interactions, internal bleeding, and filling the body with toxins. That does not sound like a good plan, now does it?
There are plenty of other natural ways to help stop chronic inflammation in the body. You can read about those here in our article “Top 20 Herbs and Foods to Beat Inflammation.” In addition to the foods and herbs that you can eat to help beat inflammation, there are some things that you should avoid at all costs to stop stimulating an inflammatory response from your immune system.
Keep reading and find out the top 10 inflammation no-no’s.
1. The Proper Balance of Omega-6 to Omega -3
Although you need both omega-6 and omega-3 for optimal health, the tricky part is getting the correct balance. Too many people get too much omega-6 and not nearly enough omega-3. Consuming too many foods that contain omega-6 fatty acids will activate the over-production of the COX-2 enzyme, which will stimulate inflammatory prostaglandins. Omega-3 fatty acids stimulate the production of anti-inflammatory prostaglandins. Foods that are rich in omega-6 fatty acids are things like eggs, poultry, and processed vegetable oils such as corn, canola, and soy oil.