- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Ways To Burn Fat While You Sleep (No, We Aren’t Kidding!)
4. Shake It Up!
One study out of Florida found that those who had a 30-gram protein shake before going to bed had a higher resting metabolic rate the next morning when compared to those who ate nothing. This study, from Florida State University, found that protein is more thermogenic than either fats or carbs. This means that your body burns more calories digesting protein than anything else.
5. Think Blue!
Have you ever noticed that almost all fast food restaurants have red and yellow themes? There is a good reason for that. Although scientists don’t understand why, studies have shown that we eat more in the presence of those colors. One such experiment was published in the interior design magazine Contract. Partygoers were given identical foods in rooms painted with different colors. Subjects in the red and yellow rooms ate the most (actually, the yellow room subjects ate more than the red room) but those in the blue room only ate half as much. So perhaps it is time to change that sunny yellow kitchen to a nice seaside blue, buy some blue dishes, and get blue glasses for everyone!
6. Eat Foods That Burn More Calories
Some foods help us to burn more calories than they contain. Some of these include:
- Whole grains (They keep insulin levels low)
- Legumes (They take more time to digest)
- Dairy Products ( They help break down fat)
- Spicy Foods (They increase your metabolism for hours after consumption)
- Green Tea (This beverage also increases metabolism and the oxidation of fat cells)
- Citrus Fruits (Their high content of vitamin C and fiber helps burn fat naturally. Eat the whole fruit, not just the juice)
Continue to Page 3