- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Ways To Prevent Sunburn Naturally
10 Ways to naturally prevent sunburn
1. The easiest way to prevent getting a sunburn is to wear long sleeve tops and long pants as well as a large wide brimmed hat to protect you from the damaging rays of the sun. Don’t take a cloudy day for granted, you can even get a sunburn through the clouds.
2. Sunglasses are a must if you are outside for any reason during the summer months. A good pair of polarized glasses can actually block 100 % of the UV rays so you won’t have to worry about damaging your eyes.
3. Tea can help you in a number of ways. Drinking green tea provides you with antioxidants that will keep you from getting any type of tumors on your skin by preventing any DNA damage and keeping the inflammation under control. You can even enjoy photoprotection by applying the green tea right on your skin.
4. The lycopene that is found in tomatoes has been able to keep those who eat them from suffering from sun damage. Go for anything with cooked tomatoes in them, such as tomato paste or sauce for the most protection.
5. Even though you get vitamin D from the sun, make sure you have enough of this vitamin as it has been found to protect you from the sun. Vitamin D keeps the development of tumors on the skin down as well as reduces your chances of getting sunburn.
6. This long word is a product that you can actually find in berries, grape seeds, wine, pistachios, hazelnuts, and a number of grains Proanthocyanidins have been found to reduce your chances of skin cancer as well as keeping away damage from UV rays. At least when you are sipping on a glass of wine while at the pool, you are doing it for health reasons.
7. Resveratrol is another byproduct of red wine. In recent years this supplement has been recognized as an anti-aging and anti-cancer agent. While resveratrol is also found in wine, it also offers protection against the dangerous UV rays. Some people apply resveratrol topically to ward off the chances of a sunburn.
8. If you simply cannot avoid being in the sun every day, you should wear protective clothing and sunglasses as well as take 1,000 IU of vitamin E every day as well as 2,000 mg of vitamin C every day for additional protection from the sun.
9. Try to avoid being out in the sunlight when it is at its peak – from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. in the early evening. If you feel more comfortable using a sunscreen, check the ingredients before buying them. Try checking out a health food store to see if they have any European sunscreens. The sunscreens from other countries are more effective than those in the United States because the FDA will not approve several of the more effective ingredients.
10. Abstain from any types of medication that could raise your sensitivity levels to the sun. There are many prescription and over-the-counter drugs that could make you more susceptible to getting a sunburn while outside. Stay away from the following:
- Some antibiotics
- Drugs that lower your cholesterol
Make sure that you talk to your physician before stopping any medications. There are some drugs that actually have serious side effects if you try to stop them all at one time.
With so many cosmetics companies offering better bronzing agents that you can safely apply to your skin, you can safely get a great looking tan without even stepping foot outside. Don’t risk getting a sunburn that could eventually turn into a dangerous melanoma form of skin cancer just to look tan.