- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 White Willow Bark Remedies that Work Better than Aspirin
5. Reduces Fevers
White willow bark has been used for centuries to help stop the fever that generally comes with cold and flu viruses. You can consume one capsule of white willow bark twice each day to help lower mild fevers or drinking one cup of tea two to three times each day can help lower fevers and relieve mild body aches that usually accompany fever.
6. Relief from Back Ache
One study which looked into the analgesic and anti-inflammatory compounds of white willow bark discovered that when subjects who were suffering from back pain consumed between 225 to 240mg of white willow bark daily, the subjects were pain free within 3 weeks. White willow bark inhibits cyclooxygenase, which is responsible for the production of prostaglandins, which is an inflammatory compound. This is what makes white willow bark an excellent anti-inflammatory agent.
The journal Rheumatology published as study in 2001 which showed that when 200 subjects with lower back pain consumed white willow bark, they had much lesser incidences of pain than those who received a placebo.
Continue to Page 4