- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
11 Major Health Benefits Of Bitter Melon
3. Vision Health
One thing bitter melon has going for it is that it can provide about a third of the recommended daily dose of vitamin A. This vitamin is recognized for its proven effectiveness it has on the health of your vision. It can improve your eyes as you age, reduce the progress of macular degeneration, and help with your night vision.
4. Liver Health
Drinking one cup of juice from a bitter melon every day can help detoxify your liver, reduce your level of fluids, and aid in the function of your gallbladder. The hepatic qualities that a bitter melon contains helps your liver filter through the impurities in your body, clean the impurities, and rid your body of the toxins that can be harmful to your liver.
Its properties as an anti-inflammatory already help bitter melon relieve chronic pain. Chinese Medicine sites bitter melon, and other bitter foods, in removing unnecessary heat in the body. The resulting cooling feeling can help to calm the heart as well as cut down on feelings of anger.
Continue to Page 3