- 15 Reasons To Eat More Guavas (We Didn’t Know The Leaves Were So Healing!)
- 15 Super Foods That Naturally Lower Cholesterol (Can’t Get Enough Of #14!)
- 15 Of The Most Common Nutrient Deficiencies Most Americans Have
- This One Spice Will Turn Your Bath Into A Super Detox Experience
- 12 Toxic Compounds Hiding In This One Thing You Use Every Single Day
- The Absolute Best People Food That You Can Share With Your Pooch
- 15 Super Foods For Women Who Want To Be Smarter, Leaner, And Stronger
12 Common Cancer-Causing Items To Remove From Your Home NOW (#8 is Scary!)
As a caring parent and or spouse, you want to ensure that you and your family are as healthy and happy as possible. Who doesn’t want to provide the highest-quality and safest things for their household? It probably never crosses your mind that some of the products you bring into your home on a regular basis contain cancer-causing substances.
There are a huge number of known carcinogens in our homes of which many people are completely unaware. We assume that if it’s for sale in the store, it must have been tested and proven to be safe, right? This can be a dangerous assumption, and it’s one that no one should make in today’s world.
As we said, the list of carcinogens is a long and ponderous one, and we could not possibly list them all here. However, we have made a list of 12 of the most common carcinogens found in the average American household.
Keep reading and see if your home has any of these cancer-causing items so that you can remove them and make your home safe again.
1. Beef Hot Dogs
You might think that you are being healthier and safer by eating all beef hot dogs instead of those that contain pork or chicken, but beef hot dogs are loaded with carcinogens, including benzene hexachloride, dacthal, dieldrin, DDT, heptachlor, and hexachlorobenzene. Beef hot dogs also tend to have other dangerous chemicals including lindane, which is a neurotoxin that also causes damage to blood cells.. We haven’t even talked about the hormones, which interrupt our body’s natural hormone production, and antibiotics, which cause allergies and resistance.
Last, but certainly not least, although your children probably love hot dogs, you should be aware that all hot dogs contain nitrites, which interact with meat amines and form nitrosamines. These are carcinogenic and are a major risk factor in childhood cancers.