- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Do’s and Don’ts to Avoid Buying and Eating GMO Foods
5. DO look for products with the 100 Percent Certified Organic Seal
These have been tested and are known to come from natural, organic sources.
6. DON’T buy GM cooking oils
Corn oil, canola oil, cottonseed oil, and soybean oil are all GM products. Stick with more natural oils such as olive oil, sunflower seed oil, and coconut oil.
7. DO look for the “Non-GMO Project Verified” seal
The Non-GMO Project tests products to be sure that they are not only organic, but that the crops have not been contaminated with pollen from nearby GM crops. The product must contain less than 0.9 percent GM contamination to receive this label.
8. DON’T eat just any breakfast cereal
Almost all cereals contain GM corn, soy fillers, or GM sugar. Worse still is the high fructose corn syrup most cereals contain. Not only is this sweetener dangerous to your health, it comes from pure GM corn. Look for the “certified organic” or “Non-GMO Project” seal.
Continue to Page 3