- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Canker Sores
6. Swish a bit of Sage
Sage is an herb that is related to the mint family. Native Americans have used sage for hundreds of years to help clean the mouth and heal mouth sores.
You can use either fresh or dried sage leaves. Take a handful of fresh sage leaves or 2 teaspoons of dried sage leaves and mix them with about 8 ounces (one cup) of water. If you are using dried sage leaves, boil the water and allow the herb to steep for about 10 minutes. Once the water cools, swish some of the water, along with the leaves, in your mouth for about 1 minute before spitting it out. You can also do this with fresh leaves but if you are looking for a stronger rinse, follow this method:
Place your sage leaves and water in an airtight glass jar and let it sit in a dark place about 24 hours. Strain the leaves but don’t’ throw them away. First swish the liquid in your mouth for one minute, then lightly pound the wet leaves into a pulp and place this directly on the sore for 5 minutes. Rinse your mouth with cold water. Repeat as necessary.