- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Natural Remedies to Beat Urinary Incontinence (# 6 is fantastic!)
This herb is naturally astringent and can heal tissue that has been traumatized. It is also a mild diuretic, which can help your bladder to empty naturally. Drinking horsetail tea can help to strengthen connective tissue and restore your urinary system. Read more about horsetail benefits.
2. Kegel Exercises
If your problem with urinary incontinence is in the early stages, exercising the pelvic muscles is a great way to help treat urinary incontinence. These exercises, called kegel exercises, reduce urine leakage through improving overall bladder control. Kegel exercises work not only for women, but for men as well, and are really great for those with stress or urge incontinence.
If you aren’t sure which pelvic muscles you should be working, next time you go to urinate, stop your stream in the middle. Then release and let it start again. Those are the muscles you should be working.
Now, to do these exercises, simply tighten your pelvic muscles, hold for a count of 8, and then release. If you can’t hold it for the entire count of 8, hold it for as long as you can. Do 8 to 10 reps of this exercise, 3 times each day.
If you aren’t sure about what you are doing, a physical therapist can help you to do these techniques properly and can offer advice that suits your specific needs.
3. Marshmallow Root
This herb is well known for its soothing compounds. Taken as a cold infusion, it can work wonders for your urinary system. To make a cold infusion, soak the herb overnight in cold water. Strain and drink one cup twice each day for best results.
Continue to Page 3