- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Natural Ways to Beat IBS (# 9 is SO Simple!)
If you are looking for another fruit that you can eat to help control your IBS, bananas might be for you. Bananas can help to stop diarrhea as they contain soluble fiber, which will help to absorb the excess liquid in the intestines. The high level of potassium in bananas can help to relieve symptoms of bloating and gas. Try eating a ripe banana twice each day to keep your digestive system working as best it can and prevent IBS symptoms. Find out what health problems bananas can solve better than anything else.
8. Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds help to remove fats from the digestive system, which can stop the over-production of mucus in the intestine, a major problem for those with IBS. Adding just a half a teaspoon of crushed fennel seeds to a cup of boiling water and allowing this tea to steep for 10 minutes, then drinking it twice each day can relieve spasms and intestinal bloating.
This is one of the oldest herbs around, used for thousands of years to calm both the mind and body. Chamomile contains both tannins and antispasmodic compounds, which can offer some much needed relief from IBS symptoms. Chamomile will also reduce inflammation in the intestines and stop abdominal cramps. Drink two or three cups of chamomile tea each day for long lasting relief from cramps and diarrhea.
Continue to Page 5