- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Natural Ways To Fight Oral Thrush (You Should Be Doing #6 Everyday)
1. Cranberry Juice
Cranberries contain a powerful anti-fungal agent called arbutin, which can kill a Candida infection quickly and effectively. Consume an eight ounce glass of unsweetened cranberry juice three times each day. Alternatively, you can consume cranberry extract tables two or three times each day. Always look for unsweetened cranberry juice (which can be difficult to find!) as the sugar in most juices will only feed the infection.
This is one of the cheapest and most effective ways to treat oral thrush. Salt makes a very uninviting environment for the fungus. You can make a salt water rinse by mixing half a teaspoon of salt in one cup of warm water. Gargle thoroughly two or three times, being sure to spit out the solution. Do this three or more times each day. Another method is to rub salt inside your mouth and on your tongue with your fingertip, then rinse well with warm water. This works remarkably well — if you can stand the taste of salt.
3. Black Walnut
Black walnut is very rich in tannins, which are a powerful astringent as well as having anti-fungal compounds. Black walnut also contains juglone, which has mild antibiotic and anti-fungal effects. Black walnut is generally taken as a supplement which you can find at most health food stores. Take according to direction.
Continue to Page 3