- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Natural Ways To Fight Stomach Cancer, Ulcers, And H. Pylori
This powerful little mineral does so much for the body, and it is a powerful antioxidant that can fight the signs of premature aging and help stop prostate cancer. Zinc supplements reduce many of the uncomfortable symptoms that come with peptic ulcers. Zinc can encourage healing of the stomach lining, especially when taken in combination with carnosine, a common amino acid. Talk to your doctor about the proper dosage for your condition.
2. Mastic Gum
This resin comes from a pistachio tree and is used as a food ingredient in the Mediterranean. One study by Barnet General Hospital in England found that even low doses of mastic gum (a mere milligram each day over a two week period) was able to heal ulcers quite rapidly, although the exact reason is not fully understood. This same study also found that mastic gum is very effective against H. pylori. This substance has no known side effects, making it one of the best choices to fight H. pylori. Mastic gum is available almost everywhere in either a capsule form or as a chewable wafer.
The Indian Institute of Chemical Biology found that the active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, was able to completely kill H. pylori infestations in studies involving mice. Turmeric did this by suppressing the matrix that causes inflammatory molecules linked to H. pylori infection. Curcumin can even be an effective tool when fighting stomach cancer caused by H. pylori, according to a 2009 study at the Graduate School of Medicine.
Continue to Page 3