- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Natural Ways to Stop Edema Fast! (# 6 is So Good for You!)
4. Coltsfoot and Comfrey Compress
This is an old-fashioned home remedy for edema that is pretty effective. To use this method, boil four cups of water and add two teaspoons each of coltsfoot and comfrey. Boil for five minutes, and then cool until the mixture is very warm, but not hot. Strain out the herbs, then soak a towel or rag in the solution. Apply the cloth to the affected area and leave it on for 10 minutes or until the rag is cold. Repeat this method two or three times daily until you get results.
5. Tea Tree Oil
If your edema is from insect bites or stings, this oil’s natural anti-inflammatory and analgesic compounds can reduce the pain and swelling. One study, published in the official journal of the European Histamine Research Society in 2002, showed that the compounds in tea tree oil, terpinene-4 and alpha-terpineol, can regulate the symptoms of edema.
Put a few drops of tea tree oil on a cotton ball and hold it on the affected area for about five minutes. Then rinse off with warm water. Repeat as necessary. For very mild cases of edema, you can add a few drops of tea tree oil to any carrier oil (such as olive oil or almond oil) and massage the affected area twice daily until the swelling and pain are gone.
6. Try a Juice Fast
Not only is a juice fast super healthy, if you suffer from severe or chronic edema, and you feel as if you have tried everything, this should work for you. Going on a strict juice-only fast for seven days to 10 days is well-known for relieving the body of excess fluids. You must consult with your doctor before trying this, especially if you are taking any medications or if you are under care for any type of medical condition. A juice fast will remove excess fluid, ease inflammation and remove toxins from the body. Read more about kidney detox juice recipes.
Continue to Page 3