- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Natural Ways to Treat an Enlarged Prostate
4. Dietary Changes
Many men find that by eating a healthy diet they can reduce or control their symptoms. Be sure you consume the following:
- Include some soy or soy based foods (avoid GMO soybeans)
- Eat more vegetables and less meat
- Be sure you include broccoli, cauliflower, kale, red bell peppers, and Brussels sprouts in your diet at least a few times each week
- Eat at least 2 servings of fatty fish each week such as salmon, tuna, or mackerel
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine
5. Aerobic and Resistance Exercises
Staying active is good for the body, the mind, and yes, the prostate. Even small amounts of exercise each day, such as walking and weight training, can help to reduce urinary problems caused by an enlarged prostate. Try to do some weight lifting, calisthenics, and swimming exercises for 30 minutes at a time at least 2 days per week, then add aerobic exercises, such as walking, jogging, sports games, or even dancing, at least 5 days each week.
It’s hard to believe that something as simple as tomatoes can help to ease the symptoms of an enlarged prostate. Tomatoes contain a substance called lycopene, which can help to lower the level of a prostate specific antigen, which has been linked in studies to inflammation in the prostate. This can help to lower bladder pressure, which will help to shrink the prostate. Try to add more fresh tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato juice in your diet.
Continue to Page 3