- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Natural Ways to Trick Insomnia and Get Some Serious Z’s
10. The Old Tried and True
This is an old wives’ tale, but it actually works! Drink a glass of warm milk. Milk contains an amino acid called tryptophan that will help you to fall asleep soon after you drink it. If warm milk sounds disgusting, try adding a few drops of vanilla.
11. Try Soaking Your Head
Ok, you should soak all of you. Relaxing in a warm bath (not too hot) can help to soothe both body and mind. Don’t try a shower — this will only wake you up. Try adding a few candles and maybe even some calming music. Think sleepy thoughts and you might find yourself drifting off to sleep before you know it.
SEE ALSO: 10 Natural Methods that Can Help with Insomnia
12. Try Deep Breathing
Lie in bed and try some deep breathing exercises. These simple exercises relax the body and can lull the mind into sleep. Take a deep breath in to a count of four, and then exhale completely to a count of four. Repeat this until you feel comfortable counting to six. You should find that you have fallen asleep within 10 minutes.
Also, try your best to keep a bedtime routine. Go to bed at the same time, get up at the same time, drink a cup of tea or take a bath, any type of signal that will tell your body that it is time to unwind and go to bed. Sweet dreams!
Aug 19, 2015 at 12:03 am
Seems like I can easily fall asleep watching TV on the couch in the living room, but then when I tranisition to the bedroom to sleep, I can’t “re-fall” asleep! 🙁