- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Natural Ways to Trick Insomnia and Get Some Serious Z’s
7. Don’t Nap During the Day
If you find that you get sleepy during the day because you didn’t get your Z’s the night before, don’t take an afternoon nap for more than 20 minutes. If you can get by without the nap, great; but if you are yawning your head off all afternoon, just catch 20 winks. This will be enough to get you by until bedtime, then hopefully you will fall into bed exhausted and sleep like a baby.
8. Try Natural Herbs
There are plenty of natural herbs that will help you to fall asleep with no side effects and no groggy morning-after feeling, and they are completely non-addictive. Try California poppy, Valerian, Hops, Lemon Balm, Passion Flower or Chamomile. These are available in both supplement and tea form at almost all health food stores.
9. Add Some Noise
OK, so the room is supposed to be dark and quiet, right? Well, that is true. The quieter and darker your bedroom is, the more deeply you will sleep. However, when you add white noise to the room, it can actually help you to fall asleep. The steady but quiet sounds block out other noises that might disturb your slumber. Try one of those white noise machines that play sounds like the ocean or rain. Some people find the noise of a fan very soothing. If you live on a noisy street or have not-so-quiet neighbors, this might be the solution for you.
Continue to Page 4
Aug 19, 2015 at 12:03 am
Seems like I can easily fall asleep watching TV on the couch in the living room, but then when I tranisition to the bedroom to sleep, I can’t “re-fall” asleep! 🙁