- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Natural Ways to Trick Insomnia and Get Some Serious Z’s
4. Give Up and Get Up
Lying in bed tossing and turning doesn’t do anyone any good. If you have been tossing in the sack for more than an hour, give yourself a break. Get up and do something. It doesn’t really matter what you do: Go for a walk around the block, do a bit of laundry, get coffee and lunch ready for the next day — just do something else. Your body might just figure out that it is late, and you need to go to bed.
5. Write It Out
If worries or thoughts about the following day are keeping you awake, here’s a trick to try. Get up and write it all down. Make out a list of things to do the next day or write out a list of problems and possible solutions or outcomes. Tell yourself that you can’t do anything about these things in the middle of the night, but you will look at your notes again in the morning and take care of things then. It sounds too simple to work, but you might be surprised by the way your subconscious listens to you.
6. Instead of Counting Sheep
If you have tried counting sheep, try this trick instead. Count backwards from 1000 and wriggle your toes every other number. This sounds bizarre but for some reason, it really works! Maybe your brain gets really bored or maybe your brain would rather sleep than do this ridiculous exercise any longer, but whatever the reason, this works for a lot of people. Don’t knock it until you try it!
Continue to Page 3