- 5 Natural Moisturizers You Can Use Instead Of Store-Bought Synthetics Video
- The Brain – How Can We Ensure Successful Aging?
- DIY Easy Warming Oil For Stiff Or Sore Joints And Muscles (Better Than Tiger Balm)
- Top 10 Reasons to Drink Lemon and Warm Water
- 4 Harmful Skin Care Ingredients Infographic
- How Constant Distraction Is Harming Your Ability To Retain Information
- This One Spice Stops Heart Attacks, Restores Gut Bacteria, And Kills Cancer Cells!
12 Natural Ways to Trick Insomnia and Get Some Serious Z’s
Everyone gets a case of insomnia now and then, some of us more than others. There are various reasons why people can’t sleep, including menopause, anxiety, late night snacks or television, financial worries and more.
Regardless of why you can’t sleep, you need to take steps to get your Z’s. They matter! Lack of sleep has been linked to being overweight, numerous health problems and even early death! Forget asking your doctor for pills as they only work for a short time and are extremely addictive.
We made a list of the top 12 ways you can trick insomnia, so you can get the sleep you desperately need. If one method doesn’t work for you, try another. The sandman will find you eventually!
There are two types of exercise that will help you sleep better at night. One wears you out, such as running, the Stairmaster or cycling. You should do these types of exercise in the morning or early afternoon for the best results. The other type of exercise calms and soothes both the body and mind so you should practice yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates later in the evening. If you can’t go to sleep or if you wake up after a few hours, do some yoga, then try to hit the hay again.
2. Make Your Bedroom Comfortable
If you find your bed or pillows uncomfortable, change them! Your bedroom should be cool (in temperature), calming and comfortable. Be sure you have light-blocking blinds or curtains to make the room as dark as possible, and you can even try putting dimmer switches on the lights.
3. Melatonin Supplement
Many people find that simply taking a melatonin supplement each night before bed helps them to fall asleep easily and naturally. When your body does not make enough melatonin, you can really pay the price in lack of sleep.
Continue to Page 2