- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Non-Toxic Ways to Deal with Cystic Acne (Love #8!)
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
This is a well-known natural remedy for cystic acne that really works. Vinegar is a natural astringent, so it balances the skin’s pH level and removes excess oil. Mix equal parts water and apple cider vinegar. Then soak a cotton ball into this mixture and apply to the affected area. Let it dry for 15 minutes, and then rinse off with warm water. Do this twice a day for one week, then use once a day. You can also help prevent inflammation from the inside by mixing a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of honey in a glass of water. Drink daily.
2. Coconut Oil
Although it might seem strange to put oil on your skin when it appears that the problem is too much oil, remember this oil is different. Coconut oil contains natural antibacterial compounds which kill the bacteria that causes cystic and other types of acne. Wash your face as you normally would (avoid scrubbing too hard) then apply a thin layer of coconut oil in places where you have acne. Do this every morning and night. You should see a difference in seven days.
The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, which is a natural anti-inflammatory compound. It also has antiseptic compounds to fight pain and infection.
Make a paste by mixing 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder and a bit of water. Apply this paste to the affected areas and allow it to sit for one hour. Rinse with warm water. Do this twice a day. You can also fight infection from the inside out by adding half a teaspoon of turmeric powder to a glass of milk and drinking it twice a day.
Continue to Page 3