- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Reasons to Drink More Green Tea (#5 Is All the Reason You Really Need)
7. Lowers Your Risk Of Cancer
Cancer is defined as the uncontrolled growth of mutant cells and is one of the leading causes of death worldwide. Oxidative damage and inflammation is one of the leading causes of the development of cancer. Antioxidants, such as the potent kind found in green tea, can have a protective effect. One meta-analysis found that women who drank four or more cups of green tea each day had a 22 percent lower risk of developing breast cancer. Another study found that men who drank green tea had a 48 percent lower risk of developing prostate cancer. Still another study, involving more than 69,000 Chinese women, found that those who drank green tea had a 57 percent lower risk of developing colorectal cancer. Cancer is a word no one wants to hear from their doctors. Avoid it by drinking more green tea — what could be easier?
8. Lowers Your Risk Of Heart Disease
The biggest cause of death worldwide is heart disease. Green tea can lower your risk of developing this deadly killer. Green tea lowers your cholesterol levels while increasing the antioxidant capacity of the blood, which protects your good (LDL) cholesterol from becoming oxidized. Studies show that those who drink green tea have a 31 percent lower risk of developing cardiovascular disease, which is not surprising when you consider everything this tea has to offer.
9. Improve Physical Performance And More
If you read the ingredient list for any fat-burning product on the market today, chances are really good that you will find green tea on that list. Green tea increases your metabolic rate and burns fat, according to human-controlled studies. The caffeine in green tea has also been shown to improve physical performance by removing the fatty acids from stored fat and making them available to the body for immediate use as energy. Want to show off at the gym or your next sports game? Drink more green tea!
Continue to Page 4