- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Reasons to Drink More Green Tea (#5 Is All the Reason You Really Need)
4. Helps You Lose Or Maintain Weight
Green tea increases your metabolism, which means that your body is running in a high gear, burning more calories than it ever did before. Several studies show that green tea can help you to lose more body fat, especially belly fat. One study involving 240 subjects found that the group consuming green tea had significant decreases in both body fat and waist circumference. Drink three or more cups of green tea to lose a few pounds, or to maintain a healthy weight.
5. Increases Your Lifespan
Wow. If nothing else on this list matters to you, this one should inspire you enough to start drinking a lot more green tea! Although everyone dies eventually, you don’t have to be one of the first to kick off. Those who drink green tea have been shown in numerous studies to have a lower risk of dying from cancer, heart disease, or diabetes. One study, which involved more than 40,000 Japanese adults, found that those who drank the most green tea (on average, five cups per day) were much less likely to die during the 11-year study period. Another study out of Japan looked at more than 14,000 adults between the ages of 65 and 84. This study found that those who drank the most green tea were 76 percent less likely to die over the six-year study period. This one is a no-brainer: Drink more green tea, live long, and prosper.
6. Gives You Beautiful Skin
The high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds in green tea fight off the damage that free radicals cause to the skin cells. This means drinking plenty of green tea can give you younger-looking skin, making all your friends really jealous! Studies done with both humans and animals have shown that green tea can reduce the signs of premature aging as well as reduce the amount of damage the sun does to your skin.
Continue to Page 3