- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Reasons Why This Should be Your Favorite New Snack
4. Cancer Fighting Compounds
Pumpkin seeds contain substances that are classified as phytoestrogens by scientists. These compounds are found in plants, and they have similar properties to the hormone estrogen, which is made by our bodies naturally. The phytoestrogens in these seeds can help to regulate some of the factors that are involved in the development of breast cancer. They also reduce the risk of post-menopausal breast cancer development. Just an ounce a day is all you need to get all the healthy protection you need.
5. Support for a Healthy Liver
Pumpkin seeds are rich in healthy fats, vitamin E, zinc, antioxidants, and fiber, which can provide much needed support for a healthy liver, especially when combined with flax seeds. Add a tablespoon of ground flax seeds to your morning smoothie, then snack on some pumpkin seeds in the afternoon or evening, and show your liver a bit of love!
6. Heart Healthy Snackin’!
We talked before about the anti-carcinogenic compound in pumpkin seeds: phytoestrogens. These are not only important for protecting you from the risks of breast cancer, they can also play a vital role in lowering cholesterol in the body, which can prevent high blood pressure and heart disease. The journal Phytotherapy Research published a study that found that eating pumpkin seed oil can help to regulate cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Pumpkin seeds are full of magnesium, a mineral that most Americans have a deficiency in. Magnesium is vital for your heart and for the proper maintenance of blood pressure levels.
Continue to Page 3