- An In-Depth Look At The Benefits Of Veganism Infographic
- Fruit And Aloe Vera Smoothie Elixir
- The Connection Between Your Height And Blood Clots In Veins
- Simple And Effective Trick To Stop Common Cold In Its Tracks Video
- Nutritional Yeast: The Ultimate Health-Booster Infographic
- San Diego Outbreak: The Reason Hepatitis A Spread
- What Does Walking Say About Heart Disease Incidence?
12 Reasons Why You Should Eat Eggs Daily (#5 is Almost Unbelievable!)
When you think of breakfast, what do you think of? Most people think of cereal, oatmeal, or eggs. There is little debate out there about cereal or oatmeal, but eggs? That’s a whole other story. What is the big deal about eggs?
Well, if you listen to some people, eating eggs is like smoking 3 packs of cigarettes a day! Others think eggs are the best thing since…well, since chicken! It’s easy to get confused. Most people skip eggs because they fear high cholesterol levels or even fear that they are high in calories.
If you have been worried about the bad effects that eggs might have on your diet, you can relax. Eggs have so much going for them, it’s no wonder that they are a breakfast and snack favorite around the world.
Keep reading and find out how many eggs you can safely eat each week and a whole host of other things you never knew about the incredible, very edible, egg.
1. One of Nature’s Most Perfect Foods
There is no denying it. Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods around. One average, chicken eggs contain tons of vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, folate, phosphorus, selenium, calcium, zinc, and a host of B vitamins including B5, B12, B6, as well as Vitamin D, E, and K. All of this for a skinny 77 calories!
There are also a few other trace nutrients in eggs, but if you can get ahold of some omega-3 enriched eggs, even better! These eggs generally come from free range chickens, and in addition to the omega-3 fatty acids they are much higher in vitamin A and E.