- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Reasons Why You Should Eat Eggs Daily (#5 is Almost Unbelievable!)
4. Great for Eye Health
As we age, our eyes age with us, generally leading to poor vision and, occasionally, even eye diseases. There are a few nutrients that can help to support healthy vision and even counteract some of the degenerative diseases that can attack our eyes. Two of the most important and powerful nutrients are two antioxidants called zeaxanthin and lutein. These two antioxidants build up in our retina of the eyes and fight off age-related diseases such as macular degeneration. Numerous studies have shown that consuming plenty of these two nutrients can help to reduce the risk of eye diseases as well as improve overall eye health.
One of the most common reasons for blindness in the world is a lack of vitamin A. Eggs are high in all three of these eye healthy nutrients. In one study, it was found that eating just 1.3 eggs each day over a period of four and a half weeks increased the body’s levels of these important antioxidants, zeaxanthin and lutein, by as much as 142 percent!