- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Things To Stop Doing If You Want To Live To Be 100
4. Stop Your Love Affair with the TV
Lack of physical activity is perhaps one of the biggest factors that can affect your longevity. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published a study earlier in 2015 which found that a lack of activity is associated with an increased risk of early death, regardless of what a person might weigh! Exercise improves your immune system, improves both the cardio and respiratory systems, slows the loss of muscle mass, increases bone density, improves digestion and sleep, as well as prevents depression. No matter how busy you are, you can find 30 minutes each day to get up and move around. Even if it is only 10 minutes at a time, three times each day. This has been shown to be beneficial.
Anything at all beats sitting on your butt watching those Game of Thrones reruns. Take the dog for a walk, go play with your kids, get up and dance in the kitchen, do anything, as long as it gets you off your behind!