- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Things You Need To Know About This Upcoming Flu Season
3. Get Regular Moderate Exercise
Numerous studies have shown that those who work out regularly have stronger immune systems than those who sit on their butts most of the time. You don’t have to run marathons or spend hours at the gym to get this immune-boosting benefit. Simple walking, bike riding, yoga, playing with the dog or your children, and even washing your car by hand counts as moderate exercise! It is more difficult to get exercise during the winter months, true, so use wintertime as an excuse to practice inside exercises such as dancing in the living room, weight training, or moving the treadmill from your bedroom to the living room. Walk on the treadmill during the evening news or during your favorite television program. What you do isn’t nearly as important as just plain old doing it! So get off your butt for at least 30 minutes a day, and get moving.
4. Talk To Your Doctor About A Flu Vaccine
Like everything in life, getting a flu vaccine involves a certain amount of risk. However, for some high risk people, getting the flu shot is worth it. Although the vaccine is not 100 percent effective, for some people, it is better than nothing. If you fall into any of the high risk categories, speak with your doctor about the benefits and risks of getting the flu vaccine. Of course the best way to avoid the flu is to improve your immune system by following the steps we are outlining in this article, but for certain high risk individuals, the flu shot could literally mean the difference between life and death.
Continue to Page 3